Regarding the methods of requesting various certificates after graduation
Please make sure to follow the procedures below when applying for the issuance of various certificates after graduation.
- Please note that we cannot issue the requested certificates in cases where the application is incomplete.（Including also cases where identification certificates are not attached.）
- The issuance of the certificates may take several days (1 to 2 weeks). Please give yourself plenty of time to apply.
- We can deliver the certificates only within Japan. In case you want the certificates to be shipped overseas, please do that through a proxy living in Japan.
- We cannot receive applications via telephone, email or FAX.
- If you have any questions, please contact the offices in charge below.
Offices in charge
- Graduates from Tokyo University of Marine Science and Technology, School of Marine Science, The Graduate School of Marine Science and Technology, Advanced Course for Maritime Science and Technology
- Graduates from Tokyo University of Fisheries, School of Fisheries, The Graduate School of Fisheries, Advanced Course for Maritime Science and Technology
Tokyo University of Marine Science and Technology, Registrar's Office, General Affairs official:
4-5-7 Minato Minami, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-8477
Open hours: Monday - Friday, 9:00 to 18:00 (except for national holidays and between December 28 - January 3)
- Graduates from Tokyo University of Marine Science and Technology, School of Marine Technology, Advanced Onboard Training Course for Mercantile Marine
- Graduates from Tokyo University of Mercantile Marine, School of Mercantile Marine, Graduate School of Mercantile Marine, Advanced Onboard Training Course for Mercantile Marine
Tokyo University of Marine Science and Technology, Etchujima office, Registrar's
2-1-6 Etchujima, Koto-ku, Tokyo 135-8533
Open hours: Monday - Friday, 8:45 to 13:00 (except for national holidays and between December 28 - January 3)
The open hours during spring, summer and winter vacation are subject to change.
For applications done over the counter
- Please bring an identification document (driving license, health insurance card or passport).
In case a proxy makes the application, a letter of attorney and identification documents of the proxy are also necessary.
- Persons who graduated before 1998 will receive the documents via mail, therefore please include a self-addressed envelope stamped with the necessary amount.
For applications via mail
Please enclose the following documents and mail them at the counter in charge.
- Request for issuance of certificates... It can be downloaded from the related documents link at the bottom of the page(382.6 KB)(Jpanese Only）
- Copy of identification documents... In cases when a proxy makes the application, the copy of the letter of attorney and the copy of the identification document of the person in case or of the proxy.
- A self-addressed envelope stamped with the necessary amount.
Regarding the letter of attorney (free format)
Example of letter of attorney
- Issuing is free of charge.
- In principle, the certificates are not sealed up. In the case you wish to have the certificates sealed up, please specify it in the application.
- The university entrance day is not mentioned in the "Graduation (Completion) Certificate". In case you need a certificate that mentions the university entrance and graduation (completion) day, please request the "Enrollment Period Certificate".
Please use a self-addressed envelope in the size below or larger:
In case the certificates don't need to be sealed up: length 3 size envelope (12.0cm x 23.5cm)
In case the certificates need to be sealed up: square 3 size envelope (21.6cm x 27.7cm)
Considering the protection of personal information, it may take time to verify the identity of the person in case, especially when receiving the certificates by mail. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.