東京海洋大学

MENU

About TUMSAT

Centennial Museum

The Centennial Museum of Tokyo University of Marine Science and Technology (opened in 1978) was established as the core project to commemorate the centennial history of the university, in 1975, when Tokyo University of Mercantile Marine, a former entity of Tokyo University of Marine Science and Technology, opened on November 1, 1875, by designating the Seimyo-maru, moored on the downstream of Eitai Bridge on Sumida River, as a school ship. Unlike a general maritime museum, this museum mainly collects and exhibits a century of educational history of merchant ships by universities and related maritime history.

Information for visitors

Opening Days
  • Tuesdays and Thursdays
  • The first and third Saturdays

We are closed on Sundays and holidays.

Closing Days
  • From 1 to 31 August
  • From 16 December to 15 February
  • Temporarily closed for maintenance, etc.
Opening Hours
  • April to September: 10:00 - 16:00
  • October to March: 10:00 to 15:00
Location Etchujima Campus, Tokyo University of Marine Science and Technology
2-1-6, Etchujima, Koto-ku, Tokyo

For other information for visits, please contact the administration office of the Meiji-maru Maritime Museum of the university (Phone: 03-5245-7360).

Past exhibitions

PAGE TOP