Philosophy and objectives of the university
Philosophy of the university
To implement basic and applied education and research related to marine studies and science technologies to facilitate sustainable development of human society.
Development of human resources and objectives of the university
We, the only marine university in Japan, should become the educational and research center to "understand, protect and leverage the sea" to carry out our mission so that our country can develop as a maritime nation and contribute to international society. From this basic viewpoint, we implement comprehensive education and research focusing on training advanced professionals including researchers and foster people with the knowledge and skills described below.
- Ability to deepen scientific recognition of oceans, and propose and implement preferable measures to leverage the natural environment.
- Ability to act with logical thinking, good judgment and responsibility for society.
- Practical leadership to understand, recognize and handle various comprehensive challenges in modern society.
- Challenge-pursuing and problem-solving ability with well-rounded personality, wide range of cultural experiences and profound expertise.
- Broad viewpoint and ability and knowledge of global culture that can be the base of international exchange
Vision of the university
An outstanding world-class university that fosters industrial, governmental and academic leaders playing important global roles in the marine field.
Research fields of the university
We widely research fields centering on the environment, resources and energy, composite fields, and the fields related to these three fields.
This diagram shows the research fields not the organizations.
- For printing(129.6 KB)