Notice of the information meeting on studying abroad
Last Update : 2017-07-05 15:20
Venue has been changed!
Updated: June 29, 2017
To those students planning to study abroad
International/Study Support Section
Information Meeting on Studying Abroad
TUMSAT promotes international student exchange programs in collaboration with collages and universities all around the world. TUMSAT students are welcome to participate in the exchange program, which will allow them to study at partnership schools for no more than one year. Meanwhile, Japan launched a studying abroad campaign in October 2013. This initiative is known as Tobitate! Ryugaku Japan led by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT). Awarded students will be provided with an allowance up to \160,000 per month. (The number of awarded students at TUMSAT: 10)
TUMSAT will hold an information meeting for students about its international scholarship programs including Tobitate! Ryugaku Japan as described below. Those who are interested in the programs will be welcome to attend the meeting. You will have an opportunity to hear interesting stories to be delivered by presenters who have studied abroad under the program.
* In case there is a conflict in your schedule, please prioritize attending the class.
Date & Time
Thursday, July 13, 2017 From 17:00 (for about an hour)
Shinagawa Campus, Class Room 100B, Building No.2 (main venue)
Etchujima Campus, Class Room 115, Building No.1 (Live pictures will be remotely broadcast)
1. Outline of study abroad program and its scholarship system (Study Abroad Section)
2. Stories of students who studied abroad under the program (planned)
(1) The Vienna University of Technology (TU Wien, Austria) - Yudai Mizuno, Graduate School of Marine Science and Technology
(2) The University of Hong Kong, School of Biological Sciences (China) - Runa Sato, School of Marine Science
(3) University of Nord (Norway) - Natsuki Hosokawa, School of Marine Science
* Yudai Mizuno studied under the Tobitate! Study Abroad Program
Presenters are subject to change without notice depending on their availability.