Notice on application for Tobitate! Ryugaku Japan: Japan Representatives Program for the first half of 2018 (the 8th round), a study abroad campaign led by both public and private sectors. (Notification)
Last Update : 2017-07-25 13:50
This is to announce that the application for the eighth round of Tobitate! Ryugaku Japan: Japan Representatives Program is now underway. This program is led by both public and private sectors, involving the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT), Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO), and business enterprises.
This program is designed to support exchange students studying abroad for a certain long period. Furthermore, it provides financial support to those students participating in overseas activities including a joint research project, field research work, and an internship assignment (if a proof of institutional commitment is available from the host institution). An awarded student will be provided with a scholarship in the range between \120,000 and \160,000 per month, depending on the country or region (\60,000/month for a student participating in a college open course). Your active participation in the program will be highly appreciated.
Should you have any inquiries, please fee free to contact Study Abroad Section.
1. Duration of the scholarship period: April1, 2018 - October 31, 2018
* For further information, please ensure to check details as described in the application material.
2. Documents to be submitted & submission guidelines
Please submit completed application forms electronically (starting to accept applications on July 3) no later than the deadline as determined by TUMSAT.
(1) Form 1 (Proposal)
(2) Free essay
(3) Proof of acceptance issued by a host institution (if any)
* You will be required to submit additional documents if you apply for a scholarship program regarding future technologies. For further information, please contact Study Abroad Section.
3. Application deadline: Monday, October 16, 2017
- Difference between Zenkoku Daigaku Course and Daigaku Open Course
Students who conform to standard of household budgets for Scholarship from JASSO Student Exchange Support Program Category 2 - Zenkoku Daigaku Course (prioritized for eligibility)
Students who fail to conform to standard of household budgets for Scholarship from JASSO Student Exchange Support Program Category 2 - Daigaku Open Course (with limited eligibility)
* Those wishing to apply with the household budgets requirements are advised to contact the office at their earliest convenience because a confirmation process will take a certain amount of time. The standard of household budgets must be based on the data as of April 1, 2018.
- For application guidelines and other related documents, please click here (Tobitate! Ryugaku Japan)
(For inquiries, please contact:)
(Shinagawa Campus) International Students/Student Support Division
(Etchujima Campus) Student Support Section
* Notice of the information meeting for students studying abroad
An information meeting will be held for students interested in studying abroad programs (e.g., Tobitate! Ryugaku , Japan). Your active participation will be highly appreciated.
Date & Time: Thursday, July 13, 2017 From 17:00
Venue: Class Room 100B, Building No.2 at Shinagawa Campus
Live pictures will be remotely broadcasted at Etchujima Campus (Class Room 115, Building No.1)